There are multiple ways you can use Pack11ty, depending on where you want to host your site.
Repository creation §︎
Fast creation and deployment with Netlify §︎
If you're in a hurry, try this:
The button above will:
- Create a new repository in your own GitHub account with Pack11ty code
- Deploy a copy of this new repository to your Netlify account (you can create one during this process if you don't have one yet).
Each time you push changes to your GitHub repository (or add/modify files directly with GitHub's Web interface), Netlify will build the new version of your site.
Creation with Pack11ty template on GitHub §︎
If you prefer to start without Netlify hosting, create your own repository on GitHub from this template:
Local installation on a personal computer §︎
You need to configure a local development environment on your computer to be able to dive into Pack11ty code and make it your own:
- Clone or download the new repository to your local computer
- (optional) If you don't have Node.js and
npmyet, install Node.js
- Install Pack11ty dependencies with this command in your terminal:
You're ready to develop your new site and create content.